Yanagisawa is regarded today as maker of the most carefully handcrafted family of artist-level saxophones. Mr. Takanobu Yanagisawa, son of the company´s founder, continues to lead his firm in the pursuit of a simple but ambitious goal: to build the finest saxophones in the world.
Like all Yanagisawa saxophones, the B-991 is designed and crafted with the utmost of care, imparting to the instrument an evenness of tone and rich, vibrant response in all registers and at all dynamic levels. The B-991 possesses a refinement of tone uncommon among baritones, yet its strength and projection provide a rock-solid foundation for quartet and section work.
- Range: Low A to High F#
- Bell: Hand-engraved
- Teflon octave system: Both ends of the octave key axis rotate in a receptacle that is coated with teflon to insure a smooth operation every time.
- Rocking table mechanism: The C# and Bb keys have a rocking table mechanism that allows for optimal speed and fluidity between these pitches.
- F-auxiliary key mechanism: Insures a proper seal of the pads when playing in the low range of the saxophone.
- "Indented" white shell keys: A player's fingers will rest comfortably in the indented white shell keys. The white shells also enhance the beauty of the instrument while also preventing the player's fingers from slipping during technical passages.
- Pointed pivot screw : The pivot screws that are used have a pointed end which facilitates an accurate center and precise action.
- Air-tight waterproof pad: The pads are completely air-tight which supports stability in playing and their life is extended thanks to being waterproof
- Tri-point balanced bell brace: The bell and the body of the saxophone are firm connected by a tri-point balanced bell brace
This instrument comes with:
- Yanagisawa mouthpiece
- DeLuxe Yanagisawa case
- Yanagisawa neck strap