Yanagisawa is regarded today as maker of the most carefully handcrafted family of artist-level saxophones. Mr. Takanobu Yanagisawa, son of the company's founder, continues to lead his firm in the pursuit of a simple but ambitious goal: to build the finest saxophones in the world.
This intermediate baritone model has features found primarily in professional instruments. Fleet, responsive feel and unique key positioning allow unmatched ease of playing for either large or small hands, resulting in maximum comfort and playing confidence. An ideal instrument for advancing students or professionals seeking a superior doubling instrument at a surprisingly affordable price.
- Range: Low A to High F#
- Bell: Hand-engraved in lacquered brass
- Teflon octave system: Both ends of the octave key axis rotate in a receptacle that is coated with teflon to insure a smooth operation every time.
- Rocking table mechanism: The C# and Bb keys have a rocking table mechanism that allows for optimal speed and fluidity between these pitches.
- F-auxiliary key mechanism: Insures a proper seal of the pads when playing in the low range of the saxophone.
- "Indented" white shell keys: A player's fingers will rest comfortably in the indented white shell keys. The white shells also enhance the beauty of the instrument while also preventing the player's fingers from slipping during technical passages.
- Pointed pivot screw : The pivot screws that are used have a pointed end which facilitates an accurate center and precise action.
- Air-tight waterproof pad: The pads are completely air-tight which supports stability in playing and their life is extended thanks to being waterproof
- Tri-point balanced bell brace: The bell and the body of the saxophone are firm connected by a tri-point balanced bell brace
This instrument comes with:
- Yanagisawa mouthpiece
- DeLuxe Yanagisawa case
- Yanagisawa neck strap