The Sankyo CF-201 BE is a handmade flute with sterling silver head-joint, B-foot, E-mechanism, nickel-silver body and choice of open or closed keys.
The 201 series of Sankyo is the most economical line of flutes the brand has to offer, but except for the choice of nickel-silver for the body and mechanism, no concessions were made. The Sankyo CF201 has a hand-cut silver sterling (.925) head-joint, equal to that of higher positioned flutes. The body and mechanism are made of silver-plated nickel silver, allowing the instrument to be more attractively prices than full silver flutes.
Sankyo is a Japanese brand that since the establishment in 1968 has built a strong reputation as producer of handmade flutes and head-joints. Sankyo flutes and head-joints are acclaimed throughout the world for beauty of tone and evenness of technique.
Features of the Sankyo CF-201 BE flute:
- Headjoint, lip plate and riser: sterling silver (.925)
- Body and foot-joint: nickel-silver (silver plated)
- Mechanism and keys: nickel-silver (silver plated)
- Hand-cut headjoint
- Choice of covered keys / plateau keys (CF 201 CBE) or open keys / French keys (CF 201 RBE)
- Split-E mechanism
- Offset G
- Pointed key arms (French style)
- Drawn tone holes
- Pitch: 442 Hz
- Product IDs: Sankyo CF 201 CBE ; Sankyo CF 201 RBE
The flute comes with:
- Elegant, high-quality, velvet-lined case
- Matching shoulder bag
- Cleaning rod and cloth set