After lengthy experimentation and research, Miyazawa created the PCM-Silver alloy. This alloy contains 65% silver and other precious metals. PCM-Silver was developed from a desire to produce a material with a density greater than nickel silver and a hardness greater than sterling silver. Such a combination results in a material with a tonal range more colorful than nickel silver and with a response faster than sterling silver.
We have re-padded this Miyazawa using Pisoni High Tech Pads - a reasonably hard pad which adds to the robustness of the sonority. It plays Like New !! Note: There has been some wear on the Silver Plating on the body of this Miyazawa - nothing alarming and, of course, having no effect on playability, etc.
Features of this Miyazawa PCM-300 RCE flute:
- Sterling Silver (.925) Head Joint with Gold Plated Lip Plate
- PCM Silver Alloy body and foot joint for a brilliantly colorful sound
- Silver Plated open-hole keys
- Split E mechanism for a whisperingly easy high E !!
- Offset G key
- a Wonderously Warm, Brilliantly Clear Projecting Sound!
- Comes with original Miyazawa case, GigBag, cleaning rod and cloths
- Serial number: 72864